The end and beginning of the year are always great for retrospection and aiming high so I created a bucket list of 100 things I want to do by the end of 2013. One of them was to create a 6 course meal for friends so I thought I’d go big. This post is a test of concept for an aspect of one of the courses.
I found some magnetic lettering and then thought of many complicated ways of making a mold/cast of my letters, and after what felt like an eternity I realised that using a hot glue gun would suffice. It did. Some points to consider is making sure your letters are lubed up or the glue will do what glue does best – stick to stuff. I thought I’d save myself some time cleaning up by doing all of this on a cling film, not the best move because invariably the hot glue will melt the thin plastic (duh).
If you do find any holes just put your letter back and glue up the holes. Let dry. Pop out.
I filled my awesome new molds with the liquid I had melted Agar Agar into. I think I’ve got a head cold or didn’t sleep well or something so exact measurements slipped my mind but it was roughly about a tea spoon worth of Agar with around 2 cups of water…. or there abouts. Best thing to do is once you’ve melted your agar into the liquid, test a drop on a cold plate and see if you’re happy with the jellyness. You can always add more water or agar until you reach your desired rubberyness.
The results of this have been better than I had hoped and I can’t wait to have my 6 course dinner, if that goes well I’ll test the dinner out on some other peoples so let me know if you’d be keen 😉